AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buy beans here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sat
Posted 3/14/2017 10:54 (#5898663 - in reply to #5898654)
Subject: RE: Buy beans here

Buxton ND
555 last summers rally lots of beans got sold, lots of beans got sold prior to the rally.
Corn pretty well accepted that 90% plus of the national crop went thru the combine UN-priced.
Nat/Twitter/Farmland media in general the first 2 weeks of June more so the week before it topped was an UN-Godly bullish none stop mega feeding frenzy. That just throw me back to the 1988 drought, ONLY difference was I was short/hedges and not a green horn 24 old year kid long 25k of wheat. I did not make that mistake again. 1988's drought market was what it was, if you did not live it you just do not understand what I'm talking about. You just do not understand the gut feel of totally being dead wrong long in a market and being locked limit down for 3 days.

My buddy's told me he lost 185k spec trader beans. 1972/73/74 IDK what year. One could buy a 4430 for what 15ishk ? Losing enough money spec trading but to buy give or take 10 new tractor. My Lord guys put that in today's term of losing enough money to buy 10 brand new tractors and you will understand why I say what I say about spec trading.

Bottom line you young guys can learn from us old/er timers OR you can make the same mistakes as some of us have.
They are many old/er timers in here that could share their bloodbath story's.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)