AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Busy week on the ethanol front.. Icahn in trouble..?!?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

white shadow
Posted 3/12/2017 16:40 (#5894779 - in reply to #5894421)
Subject: RE: point NOT taken..

East Central South Dakota
If you knew me better you would know I sat on the Agricultural Advisory board to the Governor, gave days away from my own farm to develop a strategic plan to county zoning boards to promote livestock development by mapping county setbacks with the infrastructure of state roads, 3 phase power and rural water to facilitate and match livestock growth with the counties that have accepting attitudes. I have posted numerous times on this board and have talked at recorded public meetings on the importance of the inelastic demand of 5.5 billion bushels of corn that livestock feeding brings to this country. Have written editorials on the added value animal proteins have on Agriculture and the opportunities for growth if we would allow it to happen. I have raised livestock most of my life in conditions most have not experienced, but that is irrelevant. I am a dreamer that believes we can and should promote all segments of Agriculture. We don't have to choose which segment of demand and development we supply because the American Farmer has the abilities to supply all markets and the current supply, demand and price of the commodities would support that argument.

There is a segment of livestock producer in the livestock world that believes that if you don't have crap on your boots your input and support of the livestock industry is somehow compromised and tarnished. My experience from attending zoning hearings is, that it is this type of livestock producer that usually testifies against the zoning of a CAFO because every decision in their entire operation is driven by fear of change. You can't support the Whole of Agriculture by just the pieces that you participate in and the context in which you define them. So yes I am just a grain farmer that is very supportive of the livestock industry and what it means to the whole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)