AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How much do you get paid for bee hives to sit on your property?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/23/2017 07:03 (#5857499 - in reply to #5857165)
Subject: RE: How much do you get paid for bee hives to sit on your property?

Well personally I wouldn't have them close to my crop ground. First off we flood irrigate, so I have somebody always riding a ATV to change water. They have rode into them on roads and been stung. Second we get weevil in alfalfa that sometimes has to be sprayed. If they are anywhere close Co-op will not spray. A couple of years ago I sprayed and the neighbors had weevil bad and Co-op wouldn't spray them on their one field, they lost a 80 acres of hay crop. They tried repeatedly to get a hold of bee company to get them to tarp them, but they wouldn't answer the phones. Finally the landowner drove 120 miles to bee people to find their shop and tell them to get them off. All they ever got was a bucket of honey a year, I told them that was a real expensive bucket of honey. My family doesn't eat even one of those little squeeze bears of honey a year.

I have nothing against bees, but if you take them make darn sure they are put out of your way. Don't let them tear your roads or fields up picking hives up. And also all the contact numbers and assurances they will come in less than 24 hours if needed to cover hives in the event you need to spray. I figure bees are a non consumptive use of resources, they don't take anything away from me. They benefit us, but bee keepers just need to have better people skills in order to keep them around me. Around here they like to drop hives off too close to people, because it is easy for them but they don't have to live by them we do. I wouldn't let them no closer than 1 mile or more from my home place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)