AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 2/21/2017 08:14 (#5853496 - in reply to #5853388)
Subject: RE: So we haven't had a good ol' organic vs non organic

Mid MO
Because they're kin and I'm a guest in their home. But, I've got some real pos kin folk. If eating tofu and kale, was the worst they did , I'd be fine with that. It's not illegal and it won't embarrass the family if it hits the local paper.

Was thinking about vegetarians this morning..... how do they account for the dust bowl? That was caused, primarily, by row cropping and not cows. That and many vegetables are highly errosive and a lot of ground isn't good enough to grow crops but it will sustain pasture. Same with organic, organic farming led to the dust bowl. My point is that, it isn't some silly label that determines whether the food was grown by someone who manages well and cares for the land. Any system is going to have good producers and poor producers. If they were concerned about what they're eating and how it's grown, better to put your trust n a neighbor that some plastic label...imo

(Don't everybody freak out and think I'm running down crops because I'm not. Just trying to point out that vegetables aren't perfect.)

Btw, bottled water is regulated as a "food" and municipal tap water is regulated as drinking water. That means that tap water is tested MORE frequently than bottled water.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)