AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"U" Drain shop floor drains
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 2/18/2017 12:02 (#5847912 - in reply to #5847875)
Subject: RE: "U" Drain shop floor drains

central - east central Minnesota -

Lookingglass - 2/18/2017 11:35 I saw that and it looks well built but it is only really good for water kind of like deck drains around a pool. If you are putting in a floor drain you will someday wash something and you will want to clean your drain out. I can't see how you could do that with that type of drain. We used the following type of pre sloped drain and we really like it and it will take any abuse a farm will throw at it. http://www.acodrain.us/ 

I'm still stumped as to how to clean them. . . .  I'll have to do a YouTube and see ?
The drain at the Twp gets cleaned out twice a winter and once in the summer, from all the sand/salt that gets dragged in on machinery/trucks and floor washed. Most of the sand/salt is cleaned off the equipment, as well as can be, outside. It's in the snow melt and dragged in on the tires.

So, if you had to clean the drains 2 to 3 times a year - is that the cat's meow for floor drains?
It only takes a few minutes to pop off the stuck grates in the concrete formed floor drain now . . . . so the price difference has to offer something more then a neat narrow slit for drain?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)