AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you expect from your local equipment dealers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 2/15/2017 07:29 (#5840877 - in reply to #5840374)
Subject: RE: What do you expect from your local equipment dealers

northeastern Ohio
I would really hate to be a parts manager, but I think a good one is worth their weight in gold. They need to look at what equipment the dealership has sold in the last 10-20 years and anticipate what parts they need to stock. There is nothing worse than hearing the parts guy say: "We sold 100 of that item in the last year.... but we don't normally stock it... do you want it next day or stock order??" If the dealership sold 100 in the last year, why didn't they put some on the stock order when they sold the last one?

Then there are other dealers that have parts sitting on the shelf that they haven't sold one in 5 years (sometimes longer!!!!). Wasting space. Clear that inventory out and bring in more "in demand" items.

Powerwashing is a $10-20 an hour job. If that's what they charge, then go for it. If they want $100, they better tell me before I bring it in and I will make sure it is as clean as possible before. Be upfront with your charges and you won't hear as many complaints.

When I go to a dealership to look at equipment, I like to look it over alone first. Gives me time to make a list of issues and formulate questions. If I have questions, then I will ask and we can go over it together.

Salesman visits: I prefer to call one when I need something instead of constant pop-ins. When I call one, they need to pay close attention to MY time table is and then get me an answer within that time. If one does decide to cold call me, do your homework before you come see me. If I am 100% no-till, don't come armed with a folder full of great deals on tillage equipment! But most importantly: follow up on your leads!!!! If I say that I am going to be buying a new batwing mower by the end of the year, you better get me your best price by the end of the year and convince me that yours is the best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)