AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fire extinguishers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 2/15/2017 00:47 (#5840627 - in reply to #5840349)
Subject: RE: Fire extinguishers

West Union, Illinois

If you had put any kind of information in your profile, say city and state, people could give you a better answer. Fire extinguisher's are one of those situations where anything is better than nothing.  I went on a buying spree a few years ago and got several.  I found this:Regardless of what or where you get them, my experience has been spend a bit more and get one that does not have a plastic valve.  I have had very poor success with discount store extinguishers with plastic valves.

LawrenceWelk -What is a good, cheap place
Those two terms seem to be mutually exclusive.  I like Illini Fire Extinguisher in Robinson, Illinois.  My fire department is serviced by Fire Extinguisher Sales and Service. Both are good places.  If I am  ordering I go to eBay and buy from Zoro. Here is one of their listings: Amerex B441 fire extinguisher.

I'm also a big advocate of water extinguishers  One saved our combine a couple years ago.  I now have 5.  I carry one mounted in my Hummer when it isn't cold weather.

I have an extinguisher mounted on the inside of the driver's side rear door of the Hummer as well. I can't remember the name but I got it at the Farm Progress Show.  Costs way too much money but very effective. It's gas instead dry chemical.  It's mounted safe and secure inside for a reason. it's more of a specialty use thing. 

Edited by Mike SE IL 2/15/2017 13:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)