AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you expect from your local equipment dealers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sharecropper jr.
Posted 2/15/2017 00:03 (#5840607 - in reply to #5840374)
Subject: RE: What do you expect from your local equipment dealers

Deep southern Illinois
1. Real person answers the phone when I call, and sends call to the correct department. Can't stand the automated systems. Also, real person needs to know the names of everyone who has a phone he/she can direct your call to. Sometimes I need to talk to the same guy I just talked to.

2. Call back. When someone says "I'll call you back in XYZ timeframe" call me back in that timeframe. I may be waiting on that call to know what move to make next.

3. Instead of sending salespeople out to find people and cold call all the time, have them go out and buy a couple lunches at the local diner that customers seem to frequent. Easy way to talk to a customer when he's not busy, and get information about things he may need. Call him or stop by when you have something you think I might be interested in. Also for the younger customers try text. If you get an item in on trade you think I'd want shoot me a text with the full description and a couple pics and I'll check it out when I get a chance.

4. Cheap equipment inspection programs with neat notes, and a parts list with prices. Then I can decide what I want to do now, and what can wait. On farm preferred.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)