AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I've been called an idiot several times!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 2/14/2017 22:52 (#5840554 - in reply to #5839833)
Subject: RE: I've been called an idiot several times!

I went to a meeting on the lawsuit early on where a big shot lawyer out of Texas spoke. He made it sound like the money was there for the taking. I brought the materials home, lots of paperwork had to be filled. The one thing that kept sticking in my head that this was a public lawsuit and all information on yields, price, etc was therefore part of the public record & could be accessed by anyone. Other thing that bothered me was that as a public lawsuit Syngenta had to right to make you testify in court plus had the right to counter suit. In event of a countersunk, the lawyer naturally poo-pawed that happening, the fine print clearly stated you were on your own. Took less than a 1/2 hour of reading thru the logistics to convince me to run the paperwork thru the shredder.

If you do a little research you'll find there's a lot of difference between a public lawsuit & a class action suit. Not sure where all this stands right now. Is the public lawsuit still open or has it been replaced by the class action suit or do each stand on their own? My experiences with class action lawsuits is the lawyers will end up with all the money & the class will get a small penitence att best.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)