AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Archery dog
Posted 2/14/2017 13:05 (#5839279 - in reply to #5839195)
Subject: RE: Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?

Schochoh Ky
Getting back to the original post, we are looking at it to pick up replant insurance on grip insured acres and to provide coverage when scab (don levels are to high in our milling wheat and it is deemed feed wheat at a flat price. Leaning very hard toward this policy and going to drop RP policy to 75% or lower and take 85 whole farm . I think it is a fit ,not that someone couldn't change my mind before the deadline. We can insure several thousand acres for 7.50 an acre . Several times in the year we blow more money than this on a fungicide or insecticide or a fertilizer application , thinking it is warranted, this is a guarantee. If it works well and I have heard there is not that much extra book keepin than normal . Why not take it.I could drop to 80% at 3.80 an acre.
I know of only one claim and it is a cattle operation , that picked this up and they are guaranteed 85% of prices 5 years back ,instead of current prices. Indemnity is going to be close to a million dollars . It's a no brained for cattle guys.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)