AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Have a New GSI Top Dry w/Autoflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Luke Skywalker
Posted 2/5/2017 11:48 (#5818312 - in reply to #5817087)
Subject: RE: Anyone Have a New GSI Top Dry w/Autoflow

Arva, Ontario

Not sure whether your electrician or your dealer would be able to put a meter / monitor on your incoming power to try to see if it was power 'quality' that was creating these issues. I think I'd want that answer before I invested a chunk and changed systems over, only to find that a new continuous flow started having similar issues. Reason I suggest this is all of these issues you mention - motors, boards, sensors are all electrical, and I wonder if low voltage or a voltage surge is the culprit.

Also, your dealer makes a lot of difference. Have an acquaintance in your part of the world that asked his GSI dealer about an AutoFlow TopDry, based on our very good experience. His MN dealer only wanted to talk tower. My Ontario dealer www.horstsystems.com has erected a pile of TopDry's, and converted a bunch of the old ones to AutoFlow. I know of 2 fair sized commercial elevators here (~1M bu capacity) that have 2 TopDry AutoFlows for their drying system because they are inexpensive to build relative to capacity, easy on electrical consumption, full heat recovery, superior grain quality, and send cooled corn to storage.

In short, I guess I'd try to diagnose what the root issue is with yours before you spent money, altered infrastructure, create an inferior grain quality, and had electrically induced problems again.

The 3PH service might get you a long way there...?

Ken

email in profile is good.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)