AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

FarmOR
Posted 2/4/2017 07:31 (#5815555 - in reply to #5811608)
Subject: RE: Advice please

Eastern Oregon
Reading this site. I call it ag talk university. Don't stop at the current events, you can search the archives and learn a lot.

I try to learn from everyone I meet. Almost all of my neighbors had a leg up with inheritance. Notwithstanding, some are excellent managers. But my best examples are the very few that started with nothing. One example started with nothing and today is worth tens of millions.

In order to learn from people like that, you have to know what questions to ask. Read books on the subject matter that you are lacking.

Like others, I had the good "fortune" of working for corporate America for decades. One company in particular had quarterly meeting and shared an extraordinary amount of data. Those meetings were business 101. That lead to fundamental acronym analysis, which led to stocks valuation and greater business learning.

You can't manage what you can't measure. A good start is looking at some of your fundamentals like ROI. Compare that to others and get more sophisticated from there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)