AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone Have a New GSI Top Dry w/Autoflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WPFarm
Posted 2/3/2017 10:43 (#5813933)
Subject: Anyone Have a New GSI Top Dry w/Autoflow

SE MN
We have one of the original Top Dry Autoflow systems, pre-Series 2000, 1995 vintage. From the day it was installed, we have had nothing but problems with it. If it runs more than 10 hrs without shutting off for some reason, it is a miracle. We have replaced all of the wiring from control panel to burners/bin, Numerous control boards, countless fenwall boards, piles of flame sensors and crates full of start capacitors. We've eliminated all of the GE contactors/overloads, done away with the soft starts in the motors. This fall I spent more time "sleeping" in the dryer shack than I did in my bed. I can't even begin to put a price on the downtime it has cost us not to mention the exponential increase in whiskey consumption during the fall as a result. Needless to say I'm more than fed up.

I like the idea of reclaiming the heat from the grain below and am happy with the grain quality. While extra drying capacity would be nice, it's not a necessity at this point. We could bridge the gap right now by increasing our wet storage and adding a wet leg.

So here's where I'm at:

Upgrade controls on current Top Dry - $23,000
Upgrade to Neco Mixed flow - $130,000 (+400 bu/hr)

Both options would require a new wet leg and additional wet storage.

Here's my question. Does anyone have any experience with the new Autoflow controls for the Top Dry? Are they reliable or are they "tweeky" to operate?

Any input would be appreciated.

(DJI_0009.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DJI_0009.JPG (131KB - 249 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)