AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will the border wall effect labor for vegetable/livestock farms much?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Rod!
Posted 1/28/2017 20:31 (#5801028 - in reply to #5800734)
Subject: RE: Will the border wall effect labor for vegetable/livestock farms much?

NW IL
The weak peso should inspire Mexicans to work in America. They will have more buying power when they send the money back home like they usually do. Maybe they need to increase the number allowed in on Work Visas. If there is a need I am sure it could be done. Let in the good ones. This garbage of just running across the border needs to stop. If I run into Mexico somewhere along the border illegally, most likely I should be shot. Only reason to do it is to run drugs or something not good. We have had Mexicans work on our farm, building a couple of the grain bins that are on the farm. However the last two bins have been built by Mennonites. They work cheap, use family labor, and work very hard also. I am sure I could have a crew here within a week at any time. They were paid minimum wage. I think one other problem we have is that there are a bunch of fat lazy Americans. It would be fun to tell them if they want their welfare check they need to go harvest some vegetables. What a novel idea, work for a welfare check. Better yet, if a person has time to March in a Presidential protest, then go pick some vegetables and learn how to do some physical labor instead. Those protests looked like a huge pool of wasted labor. When Obama got elected, I was not impressed, but I woke up the next day and started to adjust to the system and just kept on working. The process to change it is called an election not become a mob of underemployed people. And if all else fails, quite frankly then vegetables are way to cheap. Lets quadruple the price of vegetables by raising the cost to harvest them. That would not add nearly to the cost of living what Obama Care has done to destroy the self employed working middle class. Even worse, as I think about it is that, I spend half my time working on paper work to avoid taxes and follow government regulations, I really think the world would be a better place if I used that time to harvest vegetables.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)