AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Staples in Hedge posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 1/25/2017 16:27 (#5793732 - in reply to #5793034)
Subject: RE: Staples in Hedge posts

SE Manitoba
Blusteryknollfarm - 1/25/2017 10:33

Got a bunch of hedge posts cheap. They've been cut and stacked 5 years or so. What's my best plan to get woven wire staples to them? Last time I put wire on old hedge posts I drilled pilot holes, but that was tedious and hard on drill bits.

Find yourself a machine tool tooling sales place and ask for screw machine drill bit in the size you want . They are shorter than a regular drill bit so then won't flex as much likely lasting longer. Warning - - - you won't get them real cheap but by the 10 pack they shouldn't be too bad. If getting dull is part of the issue then you're looking for the same as a cobalt screw machine drill bit. Yes, you could try carbide drill bits and the will drill a lot more holes, but they are very unforgiving in their need for rigidity. If there is any side pressure on them they will shatter and they be pricey so you would be swearing quick if they're breaking in short order.

Yell at me on here if you need more explanation. If I can find where you're at I could possibly look for the kind of supplier I'm talking about in your area.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)