AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Adrian
Posted 1/24/2017 18:38 (#5791545 - in reply to #5791382)
Subject: RE: Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up

South Georgia
I have a manifold that I can hook up to four 1" hoses to with banjo couplers, each house running to a tote. One side of the manifold has a meter, and the other side has a valve plumbed to fresh water. Zero the meter, turn on the appropriate valve, meter the needed amount of chemical, close valve, then turn on clean water valve to flush chemical out of manifold and plumbing. Check valve on inlet of clean water valve and outlet of meter. Works very well, although with Warrant it would maybe be nice to have bigger plumbing. Anyway, the chemical all goes in the suction side of the pump and out to the sprayer.

As a safety, I mark on the side of each shuttle the level and amount removed each time with a paint pen. If I think I loaded Roundup and I go mark the Roundup shuttle, but it's at the same level as the last mark, then I know to go check to find out what I loaded. Last year once I loaded roundup instead of Gramoxone, when I was spraying peanuts. When I went to mark the shuttle I saw my mistake and drained the sprayer into some shuttles to spray on fences. If I had sprayed it on the peanuts, it would have been bad, so do use this or some sort of safety of you're using more than one chemical.

Adrian
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)