AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hey
Posted 1/24/2017 18:21 (#5791504 - in reply to #5791382)
Subject: RE: Pumping chemical out of totes? / Tender trailer set up

I will give you what we have used for about 6 yrs now. It has worked very well for us but everyones situation is different. We have 4 shuttles on the back of a tender truck. Two of those shuttles are a twin tank shuttle that we put together. That means we can haul six different products at one time. We built a manifold system that looks like a bunch of 1" TEE fittings stacked vertically on top of one another. The very top of the tee has a female quick attach with a plug in it so I can hook another shuttle in if needed. We put valves running on the outside of the tees and the very bottom of the tee hooks into a hose leading to a sotera pump and then to a meter. After the meter it runs up the outside of the inductor and dumps in the top. Each valve runs to a shuttle tank with a check valve installed to keep the possibility of back flow into the shuttle. We also have one valve in our block that runs to a fresh water tank so we can clean the manifold, pump and meter at one time. I plumb my inductor before the gas pump. I don't use an educator system on my inductor. I have done this for years and have not seen any more wear on my pump or seals like other have seen. If you would like a picture I can email you one tomorrow of our system. Just a note. This is all on the back of a tandem truck so space was limited for us. Plus I didn't want to get up on the truck to have to load my chemicals and then get back down to finish filling my sprayer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)