AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4440 Rock shaft control valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 11/3/2006 22:26 (#57859)
Subject: 4440 Rock shaft control valve

Southeast Florida
Amongst all of the other issues I've had to deal with now the control valve isn't working properly. KelB emailed me the settings for a 4455. I've done everything I can think of to get it to respond properly. The control valve setting seems to be the problem here. It's either all the way up or down. I taken the control rod loose and put a 10" rod to control the movement from the rear of the tractor with the engine rpm's at 1200 rpm's. The lift is non-responsive until it gets almost to the end of the radius and it'll come up a little like it's suppose to and with a little more turn the lift arms will go to the top and the control still has some more turn not much though. I took the valve clearance plug out and adjusted the screw with a screwdriver and this has litte affect on the control arm. I've got the load selector knob in the minimum position like it says to do. The movement starts with the control rod hooked up to the control at around 8 before it'll move and all the way at 9. This is the same with the down cycle too. I hooked up a heavy 3-point load and it does the same thing. It'll slam something if you don't have the flow control tight on the back.
I just read the directions for the 15th time today and I think I just found something, does the plug on the rear need to be removed and adjusted for the load sensing set first?

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 11/3/2006 23:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)