AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which lawn mower would you buy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

diesel dog
Posted 1/18/2017 21:08 (#5777797)
Subject: Which lawn mower would you buy?

South East Nebraska
I sold my Grasshopper 725D with 72" rear discharge because didn't like the rear discharge. I have been running Grasshoppers since the late 90's and am just looking at other options. I was considering a new deere x758 but sat on one and felt like I was on a little pedal tractor with my knees in the steering wheel. Im not a small man. I have sort of narrowed it down to Exmark, Hustler, and deere Ztrak. I want a 72" side discharge and diesel because never have any gas around the farm and im just not sold on air cooled gas engines. I also want it to ride decent mow around 9 acres. I have priced all three and none are cheap. Every one says demo demo demo which is probably rite but when it comes time to mow the last thing I will be worried about that time of year is buying a mower so want to do it before field work starts. Here is my options

Grasshopper 725D 72" with grammer seat $15,500
Exmark Lazer Z full suspension platform with suspension seat 72" diesel $15,750
Deere 997 72" 7iron deck $17,000
Hustler Z diesel 72" $16,200

Also priced some gas options but not really fond of the gas idea.
deere Z970 72" with 35hp $12,500
Hustler super Z HD 36hp $13,299

I have narrowed it down to these because I have close dealer support with them. Ive been hearing good things about bad boy mowers but don't really have any near by dealer support.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)