AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Labor cost erecting pole barn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Click
Posted 1/16/2017 09:01 (#5771586 - in reply to #5771536)
Subject: RE: Labor cost erecting pole barn.

SE SD
I would not consider a 50x80 large at all so yes 3.80-$5 would be my price again depending on details.

A 50x80 with 3 guys unless you do it on a regular basis will take you 2 weeks minimum.
At $50 per hr for 3 guys that's 12k minimum.
If you want to park a reachfork there for two weeks you will pay around $1200 plus around $400 for delivering it one way. That doesn't include another lift for trusses.
Unless you dig by hand " I pity you if you do " a skid steer with auger will cost you another 6-$700 for only a few days but really it's nice to have for the whole project .
Especially setting posts in gravel.
If you choose to do it illegally and not insure whomever you hire we won't figure the comp. If you get checked your in deep ****.
Mb you own the equipment and can save on that money but that doesn't mean the contractor should let you use his for nothing.
You can do the math and you'll see that price is not out of line.

And no I will not/should not reduce my rates due to the fact that not all contractors are great nor did I insinuate in any way that all contractors are great.
What I did say is I would pay extra for a great one that knows his stuff.

If the guy you hire is gone and high school kids are doing the work then you did not hire a contractor .
You hired a middle man .
I will agree your better off being that middle man yourself and hire high schoolers.

Edited by Click 1/16/2017 10:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)