AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Labor cost erecting pole barn.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Wicket
Posted 1/16/2017 08:40 (#5771536 - in reply to #5771374)
Subject: RE: Labor cost erecting pole barn.

If you don't like the price of a service then you can excersise the right to do it yourself. - which i am doing
If I'm not willing to build for under $3 are you going to put a gun to my head? 3 a sq i would probably have it built 5 i would not, no gun involved. The thing id here i am not going to get it for $3
A good contractors does not depend on you to make his living. Not all contractors are good and i could careless how they make there living, i work on my dollars not what they need to for there lively hood.
He is busy, booked and can put his own price on his services. Good for him i can also choose to hire or not hire. Big deal!
I'll say it again , here it's 3-$5 a square ft . Thats great, thats not here and irrelevant to me.
Large buildings are on the bottom end of that number.
If it's a large building with straight shell, no wainscot, overhang and minimum doors you may get by around $2.80 . Ok again not here! 20k for a 50x80x16 and that doesnt include hanging doors!
A contractor that can put true lines on a large polebarn - so can a good stringline and a laser, your point is what exactly?
Knows his stuff . Thats great also, what about the high school kids he leaves to build it while he goes out to bid other jobs? If he or she is a good contractor great and they can get there price great but please dont tell me all the contractors are great!! Maybe in South Dakota but we are close to the twin cities and there are a ton of hacks! Or you hire one company and they sub it out and then you dont get what you original hired!
Anyone that has ever built one knows that. And yes I have built and yes I have hired out so dont know where you are going with that?

If you are a contractor and build that is fantastic and i hope you are successful, but around here its alot of city people moving to the country and the prices reflect that. Multiple ads for pole barn builders wanted with little to no experience.

Edited by Click 1/16/2017 08:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)