AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is $500 a pound to much to pay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 1/16/2017 06:08 (#5771265 - in reply to #5769996)
Subject: RE: Is $500 a pound to much to pay

Western-Central Lower Michigan
The "Vet Business" has kind of gotten out of hand over the last 20 years. They went from animal Drs to doggie Dr's. Here we cant find a vet that goes to a cow herd anymore. They all are doggie Drs. They are pretty "insistent" on doing what they deem necessary for your dog. Some are to the point of being pushy.
A previous older dog with "arthritus" got along well with a drug that wasnt overly cheap but hey, it worked. Suddendly it required a annual health exam and tests to see if the liver was healthy. My gosh, the dog is 13 yrs old, I consider dogs that age on "hospice care" meaning, a serious health issue warrants putting the dog down. Turned out to be a State Law that got passed on that issue. Shows you how far the new Vet's will go to get in your pocket.
Taking a dog in for a vaccine involves a manditory health exam, office visit charge, and I almost guarantee the exam will find something else that needs billing (clean ears or clean teeth) with a follow up visit.
I lost my last dog in late October to old age and sickness. The vet would have charged well over $60 to put her down, while animal control does it for $5.
Hey, even the "quality" dog food is about a $dollar a pound, maybe more. All Im saying is owning a dog isnt just as simple/cheap as it used to be. In fact if you are into buying a "registered" bred puppy, plan on spending $400 to a Grand.
From a simple cost point of view, not a good move for somebody 67 yrs old to get a puppy. Now I know why my Dad (who always had a dog) chose to not have a dog around in his retirement years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)