AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock investing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ILCropInsuranceGuy
Posted 1/13/2017 12:58 (#5765205 - in reply to #5761873)
Subject: RE: Stock investing?

I was just reading this posts and I also know this is the direction it is heading. We have several larger operations throughout the state that are growing because of investment dollars and those dollars are put to work to continue to grow. These operations technically have money invested heavily and almost solely in agriculture, BUT with land in several counties, sometimes 7+ counties 100+miles apart likelihood is you won't have same issue across all the farms.

If the operation is wise and doesn't start trying to save a few dollars by skimping on Crop Insurance, the policies do truly provide a terrific safety net for farm producers. Add a solid policy protecting your operation and then also figure in the FSA Farm Bill program payments, and 2017 isn't going to be that bad.

Once the FSA farm bill programs begin to lose more value because of price structure in 2018 (which will be 2017 program) confusing I know... But those two items put together is what gives farms the ability and also investors the want to invest.

What other place can you put $ to work get a 5%+ return on money, and have it insured?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)