AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best Utility Vehicles? Kubota? Gators?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 1/9/2017 19:48 (#5756616 - in reply to #5755215)
Subject: RE: Best Utility Vehicles? Kubota? Gators?

SE MT
We pretty much make our living out of a side by side these days and have retired the horses and most of the ranch pickups.

We run 3 polaris ranger 800s.... all 3 of them closing in on 20,000 miles and near 2000 hours

It hasn't been a repair free trip by any means, but when compared against buying new and trading every couple years it was an easy choice..... helps if you're handy too, or have someone who is.

I repair other folks side by sides as well when I have time.

I was loaned a honda pioneer 700 a couple years back, and all I can say is the only thing I liked about it was the 3 speed automatic. it was a underpowered, no suspension travel, tight cab, no engine access dog.

I've driven the Kawasaki mule PRO FX, and it's a great machine. beefy drivetrain, bigger than any I've seen. not slow like the old Mules or Kubotas. It's the closest thing to a Ranger you'll find that most likely will have better reliability. Also comes with a FACTORY 3 year warranty. No one else is doing that right now although I've heard polaris might be?

The JD gators are good machines, but lack in the cab area, and for a period of time didn't even have covers on their belt drive boxes. any other belt drive machine does not have a problem crossing water because their boxes are sealed.

The ranger's reliability has been getting better with time, although they do have their own problem areas. ours are far better machines now with 20,000 miles on them than they were with 7,000. mostly due to updates and improvements I've made along the way.

One thing to consider about the Polaris- Parts for them are relatively CHEAP in comparison to Honda, Kawi, and others.... almost half the cost. so if you're planning on owning it past warranty, they may be the one to have... Big UTV salvage yard in Nebraska that has 100s, maybe 1000s of them.

Everyone up here runs polaris. That's what the dealers sell, and that's what the demand is. Kubota's can't keep up, and everyone wasn't the smoothest ride possible. that is still a poalris made machine. although the Mule Pro FX is right there with them... They only fall behind in the Power area.

If I could rank them it would be

1- Polaris Ranger
2- Kawasaki Mule Pro FX
3-JD Gator
4-doesn't really matter.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)