AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer Liberty Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

DUKE865
Posted 1/9/2017 15:08 (#5755985 - in reply to #5751494)
Subject: RE: Pioneer Liberty Beans

Southern MI
I know in Michigan we will have a new 2.6 liberty for '18. That is compared to 5 new extend numbers. You can guess which way the market is going. Many of the liberty beans I have had in plots over the last couple years are at least 5 bushel less. In 16 they were 10 under. This was in a non resistant pressure area. Most growers I've seen go to liberty for a year or two and switch back citing lower yields and liberty's expense and too hard to spray. That being said the easy days of just spraying roundup 3 times a year are soon to be over, but i'm preaching to the choir. I would recommend looking at the extend platform as they will likely push yield higher than liberty over the next 5 years, but if you really want liberty trait I'm sure your rep can get it for you. I would caution you when listening to others talk about companies building their pipeline for liberty. In almost every case companies trying corner the liberty market are simply selling the same products from others companies rebagged or that didn't meet the bar of Pioneer or Monsanto. Try the link below which will show all available liberty product for NE IL. You can tailor it for your area.

https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/us/products/soybeans/seed-guide
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)