AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pioneer Liberty Beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WTF2014
Posted 1/8/2017 04:05 (#5752556 - in reply to #5752117)
Subject: RE: Pioneer Liberty Beans

CIL
Wheat77 - 1/7/2017 20:12

WTF2014 - 1/7/2017 17:53

bleedred - 1/7/2017 17:41

Wheat77 - 1/7/2017 16:31

Pioneer is moving quickly to Extend soybeans, and that is where their breeding effort and development
is currently.

This is interesting, as they are now trying to combine with Dow, who has the Enlist system, and that
is not in their plans. This came from a Pioneer acct. mgr. this fall.

I agree this will be interesting to watch in the coming years. I personally am much more excited about Enlist then Extend.

Through the right providers we farmers currently have access to top tier genetics in every trait platform, but that just might mean looking at a different supplier then a person is currently using for some of those options.

+2...it would be interesting to know what the share of liberty acres are over the last 3 years. I honestly thought they'd be more prevalent in my neck of the woods, but not that many. On the chemical side, I'd choose 2-4D over dicamba any day of the week. Dicamba comes with too much baggage, much more prone to inversions and volatilization. Pioneer also has a nasty habit of shooting it's own breeders in the foot.

Tell us what weeds that 2-4D will control in soybeans ? The list is very short, and a reason why it has
not gained any traction.

I suppose time will tell, I have no skin in the game, but like the option of dicamba, it is a beast
on broadleaves.

24d is death on waterhemp here. That's my primary concern. I'm in an area where there's very little notill so not that much 24d gets used. However here there's a lot of dicamba already used in corn, especially in seed corn fields, so waterhemp already has a good education on dicamba.

I realize they're both growth regulators so resistance to both is probably already growing if waterhemp is getting exposed to one or the other. I totally get why monsanto went with dicamba. It gives users a touch of residual, something that can help with longer term resistance.

Maybe the new dicamba formulations will to better stopping off target movement, but 24d doesn't have that baggage.

Edited by WTF2014 1/8/2017 04:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)