AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

03 Chevy dually fuel tank issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

biscuit
Posted 1/7/2017 01:43 (#5750270 - in reply to #5748459)
Subject: RE: 03 Chevy dually fuel tank issue

I've got the same issue with an '05 Duramax cab/chassis for the last two weeks. I'm driving off only the front tank and using the DIC to monitor fuel used so I don't get stranded. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

This guy explains some of the issues with 2001-2005 cab/chassis Duramax dual tanks. There are apparently other possibilities. One known trigger is simply fueling the truck with the engine running and filling the rear tank first.

http://www.justanswer.com/gmc/6mbhb-gmc-c3500-hd-chas-cab-03-gmc-du...

"... Ok, there are several repairs that have been developed for these concerns. First: if one of the senders has an open circuit or sticks, it will cause this concern. GM has developed new senders for the rear and front tank. ( They both need to be replaced) Second: the rear tank fill spud extends too far into the tank and the rear sender can get caught on it. GM say to replace the tank with an updated tank with a shorter fill spud. Third: there is a new vent kit to be installed on the front tank. It raises the fill hoses from the rear tank so it does actually fill the front tank.( I will try to get you the bulletin for this one) Fourth: There is an updated ECM program that needs to be installed. It helps prevent false indications and sensitivity from the senders, and causeing the gauge to read inacuratly or default to zero. ..."

Edited by biscuit 1/7/2017 02:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)