AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cultivating sugar beets in Nov. pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Brian in E Ore
Posted 11/1/2006 23:29 (#57286 - in reply to #57269)
Subject: RE: Thats no fun

Malheur County Oregon
I feel your pain badger. Back in '91 we dug right up to thanksgiving. It started raining about the 15th of October. Between us and the neighbor had 3 diggers going and each one had a push tractor following to keep the trucks moving. Still only could get about 25 loads a digger per day. Beater tractors were all dualed trying to get out in front in order to dry things a little.

Ocasionally some squirlly truck driver "custom haulers" wouldnt wait for the pusher tractor to assist him out onto the road and would really bury himself to where it took someone on front pulling and the pusher in behind. Two or three lost bumpers from chains slipping and one had his whole front axle removed. Had to dig one one down to solid ground with a trac hoe.

It just does'nt make for a fun fall at all. I sure hope things take a turn for the better for you and you get them out

The last few nites here have been getting down to about 12-15 degrees. Factory stopped deliveries till friday at the soonest I hear but the last few guys finishing are in bone dry ground. Only had 1/4" rain since the 10th of Oct

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)