AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new idea uni system ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 12/26/2016 01:52 (#5723092 - in reply to #5719882)
Subject: RE: new idea uni system ?

NW KS/ SC ID
One task they seem to still do great at is with a mounted loading conveyor to clean out ground piles at grain elevators, our local co-op has one and I have seen another 2 or 3 doing the same task at other elevators around the state and surrounding states.

My dad used to use them back in the day, and small metal bucket fires for block heaters to get the ol v-6 jimmy to fire. about the only thing he did not like about them was the poor traction. Otherwise, he got by great with them.

Of course, 25-30 years after he no longer runs them, he had two diesel RWA units in the yard because "They were so cheap at the sale I had to bring it home"

We sold the newer 5.9: Cummins powered gray one with a 767? Super chopper and a Balzer silage trailer (interesting item by itself, has a sloped floor and a drag chain, kick it in and out to load trucks, zero waste, I suppose enough room to open up the field?) to a guy and he seems to like it.

We still have the 708 with the husker and an assortment of cornheads around that need to find a happy home some day, but if it never happens, I guess we can rig a snowblower on it. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)