AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Travelling to Australia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Juliegoll
Posted 12/25/2016 18:50 (#5722635 - in reply to #5718475)
Subject: RE: Travelling to Australia

Hi
I am from Echuca, where the Southern 80 ski race is. We are a 2 1/2 drive North from Melbourne or 8 hours South West from Sydney. We don't have a major airport, so you will have to drive or you can catch a bus or train from Melbourne. Our area is mainly dairy although there is fruit growing areas to the east of us. We have a number of vineyards in the region, shiraz is the variety grown around here.
The Southern 80 is biggest water ski race in the world with around 500 entries. Have you organised your accommodation? As Echuca / Moama is very busy this weekend (10-12th February), it pays to have your accommodation arranged prior to arriving. Our weather at that time of the year is generally very hot 30-40 degrees centigrade.
Are you coming to the Southern 80 to compete or just to watch?
Some information which might help can be found www.echucamoama.com.au or www.southern80.com.au
If you wanted to see some of South Australia you could follow the Murray River to South Australia and see the many different faces of the Murray River, ending up in the Barossa Valley.
I am involved in the running of the Southern 80 so if you want more info about that please let me know.

Julie
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)