AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new idea uni system ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 12/24/2016 08:14 (#5720068 - in reply to #5719882)
Subject: RE: new idea uni system ?

Uni's weren't a bad idea at the time, but time eclipsed them and they were just too small of everything. The northeast was polluted with Uni Systems. Everyone around me had one at one point or another, seed operations still run them here. They did pick corn tons better than a mounted picker, and way faster than a pull type. The combine worked fine, didn't have alot of capacity. They did make a larger combine with a turrett auger but I never was around one, they might have had more capacity than the earlier ones. The 767 chopper IMO lacked capacity, and the heads stunk, I assume the later 800 chopper and the adapter to run Deere heads would be a ok setup. Never was around a sheller, and never used a snowblower on a uni, but did and do have a NI blower so I assume that would work well too. Run a 705, 708, 709, and was around the later 800's with the Cummins some. IMO I wouldn't want one now unless it had a Cummins in it. Too bad they couldn't have got ahold of Melrose DT international engines for them. That 426 Allis was a good weight for the top of the scrap pile at the processor IMO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)