AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm property what stays?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

farmer45
Posted 12/24/2016 06:31 (#5719870 - in reply to #5717626)
Subject: RE: Farm property what stays?

Washington Co Ks

I don't know what is legal but I can share several things that I or my family was involved in.

When I was trying to buy the farm that I was farming and wasn't sure if I could there was an end of fence that needed work. I added a steel post between the existing post. I was planning on pulling them back up if I was unable to buy the place. I don't know if I would have gotten by with it or not as I did buy it.

My dad and I were farming a place that was for sale and the owner told us he didn't think it was going to sell soon so we could plant the wheat in the fall. We had the ground worked and it sold. The new guy didn't want wheat planted but was told that any agreement that the old owner made went with the farm. We were allowed to plant the wheat but agreed to give up the rest as soon as the milo was harvested. The new owner was to have full possession the first of March. We had a very wet fall and we as well as many others were unable to get the milo cut until spring. The new owner told us that we were good as the agreement was that we gave it up after harvest but he was going to take the landlords share as it was after the first of March. The elevator manager told us to bring it in and we could get our share but he would hold the landlords share until both parties agreed whose it was. The new owner did give it up.

When my grandfather bought one of the places that I now have he was supposed to get the pasture rent for that year and get full possession the first of March of the next year. When he went to collect the rent the renter told him that he had never intended to pay it. This was the end of Dec but the ground wasn't frozen yet so Grandpa and Dad pulled in the next day and plowed the ground that the renter was supposed to be able to graze that winter. It probably was legal but they got by with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)