AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If your building a new house (warning long post)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 12/23/2016 15:16 (#5718771 - in reply to #5718528)
Subject: RE: If your building a new house (warning long post)

We went with a hauled in house to eliminate some problems. We paid extra for extra light switches , wider doors etc. Guess what. They built it the way they wanted to. They broke some trusses hauling it in. Yep they fixed them. Yeh right! LOl
We had to pay for the house when they set it, before we could inspect it. No insulation under some of the windows. Lights dim when the AC or furnace kick on.
Mom and Dad did the stick built thing. Contractor was highly recommended. It turns out that he was using the money from the next job to finish his last. Every one wanted him to have the next job so they were not last and holding the bag!
They had steps in the wrong place, plumbing not done right or even done. They even had the bowed, crooked basement wall too. Everything my folks wanted could not be done because it wasn't " code". Well where we are at there is no such thing as code.
The funny part is this young guy and his crew said it was impossible to re do the basement steps to where my Mom wanted and originally specified. It took my 75 year old mother 4 hours to do what those young guys said was impossible!
The best way it was explained to me was you need to hire some one who thinks it should be done your way because all contractors will do it THEIR way regardless.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)