AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Travelling to Australia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jeff gordon
Posted 12/23/2016 13:03 (#5718535 - in reply to #5718475)
Subject: RE: Travelling to Australia

Mather, Manitoba
February is a good time to go. Their summer holidays are December and January. Back to school Feb 1. Tons to see in Victoria. Grampians pretty unique. Highly recommend South East Gippsland down to Wilsons Prom. (Wilsons Promotory is the location of the last scene of Point Break). Keep going east into the Great Snowy Mountains is real nice country. Not as rough terrain as Jasper National Park. Plenty of Winerys along Murray river east of Mildura. Spend plenty of time in downtown Melbourne. You'll never find a city like that anywhere. Sydney waterfront is fun for about two days. That's about it, too many tourists. I toured up the east coast, fun fun fun!!! I stopped in Yeppon for an overnight, two weeks later I finally left. If you want to do any Coral Reef snorkeling or scuba diving then you gotta get up to the Whitsunday Islands. Can do day trips out of Airlie Beach to the reef.

Contemplating going back this winter. Want to take Ghan railway tour from north to south. Kimberly's, Perth and Western Australia. It's ridiculously hot in the north 1/3rd in their summer. Darwin and Cairns are almost unbearable for a Canuck.

Forgot to mention: https://www.yha.com.au/ get a membership and stay with these guys. They'll only be $35/night compared to $200 for hotel.

Also I forgot to mention Fraser Island. Largest sand island on the planet. Can do 4wd camping trips on there. Highly recommend it as well. Need a 4wd to navigate the island.

Edited by jeff gordon 12/24/2016 10:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)