AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The worlds a changing {especially in our schools}
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

M&M's
Posted 12/19/2016 07:53 (#5708773 - in reply to #5708552)
Subject: RE: The worlds a changing {especially in our schools}

NESD
DC swIL - 12/19/2016 03:38

Not wanting to bust your chops too hard, but as his dad you probably should have noticed this about 5 years ago. Age 13 seems pretty old to just now realizing he has never written anything in cursive.

Not to bust your chops to hard either, but you are a little behind. He is a A student and has done his school work on a I-pad for four years already. The point was not to have people start giving what we feel is common sense tests at home, but to elude to how the world is changing. Probably a good chance he will never need cursive.

You totally got what I was trying to say NDSU, I just wanted to show how things are changing and maybe bring it to other parents attention. Great discussion. Look at the different points of view. One guy is proud his kids know how to read and write cursive, and one thinks it totally useless knowledge. I would bet those two kids forget how to use it by the time they are seniors. Its maybe surprising they are not on computers and I-pads already, I am sure they are at our school at that age.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)