AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chris's donating post got me thinking
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

md.mcwill
Posted 12/10/2016 09:25 (#5688388 - in reply to #5688231)
Subject: RE: Chris's donating post got me thinking

I agree with Chris.

Several years ago the receptionist decided to adopt a kid for Christmas and we would all help buy presents. She was told that she would be receiving a list from the kids to choose from. That surprised her but she said OK. She got the list. She was surprised at what was on the list. Now remember this is 5-7 years ago. They wanted the expensive top of the line iPod and other expensive electronic toys.

We all donated money and the receptionist bought the cheaper non-ipod music player and a couple of other things.

There was only one of us that an older music player and only a couple of us had smart phones. The rest were flip phones.

The interesting thing is that she never brought this up again for us to contribute. The receptionist must of thought that this was a ripoff. It is interesting that 15 out 15 people thought this was not right.

Compare that to donating food to a local food bank. We had a food race with some other companies in the area. Now remember most of us were analysts. So we thought of ways to get what the food bank needed and was the heaviest cheapest things we could buy. The food bank needed water. Well we found out that Sams had a sale on water. We got all kinds of things for the food bank but we beat the other companies by a large margin (3x). They thought we had cheated. LOL. No we looked at the list and calculated weight vs money. We bought water, watermelons, canned goods, etc.

Edited by md.mcwill 12/10/2016 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)