AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is it racist too think
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 12/10/2016 02:58 (#5687970 - in reply to #5687958)
Subject: RE: Is it racist too think

Manitoba, Canada
There was a time in history where we forced our "ways" on the Native American people and that was wrong. I will comment that this same thing happens in many, many countries around the world. The Native American's situation is not unique in that way. That does not make it right but it is a fact.

I understand the concept of not being sure that natives ANYWHERE want to follow intruders "ways". However, I am not sure that natives anywhere actually want to follow their ancestors "ways" either. Progress happened, as it always has. That creates a bit of a problem. They seem to have an issue with us forcing our "ways" on them and destroying their traditional way of life. But they want houses, not teepee's. They are free to hunt and fish for a living, but they shop at Walmart instead. They could heat their homes with firewood, but they choose electricity and natural gas instead. They seem to want our modern lifestyle, our "ways". I certainly can't and don't blame them either. I myself would not want to live like my ancestors did. That creates a problem though. We are now expected to pay for the loss of their culture by supplying them with ours. They are not asking for us to allow them to live their traditional ways instead of ours. They now WANT our "ways". They themselves seem to want to leave their traditional ways behind. They are not being forced in any way anymore.

The world has moved on in the last 200 years and I think it is time that we all accept that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)