AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Educate Me On Liquid Nitrogen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Eddy in TN
Posted 10/31/2006 13:48 (#56765)
Subject: Educate Me On Liquid Nitrogen

Pulaski, TN
Finished harvest yesterday--BAAD CROP--and was rolling some numbers around for next year. It is time to go to 30" corn so I will need a planter. I am looking at some that have liquid set ups on them. Local Co-op has a liquid tank and pump they don't use so I could get the product delivered in to their facility. They are 5 miles from my farm and I buy everything I can from them. 32% liquid is around $200.00/ton and 34% Amn Nit is $300.00. My questions for right now are: What type of transfer pump will I need to pump the liquid from my nurse tank into the planter? I have a Pacer pump with a Briggs engine on the nurse tank now. I heard the pump will have to have a special seal in it to pump liquid N. I plan on putting some N down when I plant and then put some post emergence. There a 3 schools of thought on this operation and around here all 3 are put into practice. Some like to knife or coulter the N in, some like to dribble it under the corn using drop tubes, and some just spray it over the top when the corn is about knee high. I have a JD6000 sprayer so I am looking at the last 2 choices. My potash along with trace minerals will be put on by me in a pull fertilizer spreader that I own. At this point I would like to put out about 25 gallons with the planter and 25 gallons with the high cycle. I could burn down with liquid a little later in the planting season say maybe 10 gallons. This is just in the planning stages and no concrete decisions have been made except to go to 30" corn and the purcahse of a 6 -30 corn head. Now I'll sit back and see what is said. Thanks!!! Eddy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)