AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever Have a Cop Let You Go?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 1/12/2009 00:03 (#567158 - in reply to #566800)
Subject: Re: Ever Have a Cop Let You Go?

Not a machinery related stop but.....I had just returned from the first Gulf War, and after about a week at Fort Sill, I had the chance to go on leave. I planned on buying a truck bed camper and going on a trip with my wife. Well, I had to be at the camper place in Oklahoma City by 5pm, so I was going pretty fast up the turnpike to get there in time. As I was nearing the toll booth, an OHP trooper was coming the other way. Where he turned his radar on, I was doing 74 in a 55 (the turnpike limit was 70). I pulled up and paid the toll, rolled on through thinking he wasn't going to come after me, but he did. When I stopped and went back to the car, he asked where I was going in such a hurry. I told him I had just gotten back from the Gulf that Tuesday, and I was trying to get to the camper place by 5 to get the camper so my wife and I could take a trip. He said, "I thank you for your service, now try taking it a little slower" then he shook my hand and said to enjoy my trip. He knew I would still have to speed to make it to the camper place in time.

A couple years later in that same truck and camper on a trip through Nevada we were pulled over for doing over 70 in a 55 by the NHP. My wife and I, a little dog and a hissing cat sitting on the headrest. In the end, he lowered the speed which meant a $15.00 "waste of fuel" violation. Not exactly let off, but much cheaper than I expected. I guess he liked the dog.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)