AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever Have a Cop Let You Go?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dutch
Posted 1/11/2009 20:08 (#566848 - in reply to #566712)
Subject: Re: Ever Have a Cop Let You Go?

West Texas
Yep, several years ago was headed south on 214 north of Plains, Texas. Pushing along in the middle of nowhere doing about 85-90. I spotted a local county mounty so I backed off. He clocked me at 84 in a 70 mph zone.
Gave him my license and he checked it out etc. Comes back and gives me a warning as it was 3 days past my birthday. He says, consider this a late birthday present but be sure to slow down.
Bout the only time I got lucky with the cops.

I remember a trip to Minnesota back in 83 or 84. Got 2 tickets on that little trip. One while still in Texas and one in Kansas. That same winter got one coming back from Mississippi, right within 50 miles of making it home. This was when the speed limit was still 55 mph. It sure was hard for a Dutchman used to going over 100 mph on crowded roads to only go 55 on empty roads!! I hadn't been here very long then and had not been driving long.
Those years I was always 1 ticket away from losing my license. Went in front of several judges and always got lucky with them.

My buddy's always called me the flying Dutchman. My pickup was well known with all law enforcement in and around Baily, Castro and Parmer counties of west Texas.

Even passed a Sheriff deputy while taking my Mom to a dentist appointment. She will be 80 next month but brings it up regularly. I might have gotten a warning on that one but I don't remember.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)