AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you look @ $$/A in test plot results?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/31/2006 06:56 (#56669)
Subject: Do you look @ $$/A in test plot results?

Chebanse, IL.....

I've always wanted to ask this question-but when DownwardSpiral posted I knew it was time. By the way-this in NO way is meant to demean Downward Spirals plot post:

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=8873&mid=56649#M56649

When I look thru corn-bean plot results, I never-ever look at that $$/A figure that most include on the spreadsheet line. To me that means nothing. Their drying cost is usually different than mine and their $/bu figure is always different from that particular day. Whoever summarized the plots (again-not DownwardSpiral's) used arbitrary figures that seem to cloud the real meaning or use of plot results. To me, they're worthless values. I don't mean to belittle anyone's work....maybe I'm missing the boat on that $/A figure. I know that my friends in PA or AL would laugh if they saw $/bu figures used for IL or MN, while IL or MN guys just drop their head on the desk when they see PA or AL $$/bu value.

If the Final Yield is given in #2 (15 or 15.5% depending on where you went to school) then it seems to me that is enough information. I can look at spreadsheet & see that 150 bus corn at 30% moisture isn't what I'd want if another gives 149 bus at 15%.

So-am I completely alone?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)