AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any honest people out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Skipper
Posted 1/11/2009 17:32 (#566653 - in reply to #566265)
Subject: RE:I've dealt with some that are honest---actually more that than dishonest.

Sent a check for holding a piece of equip once about 200 mi. away. Was going by about a month later but wasn't prepared to haul it home that day. Guy still holding the check. Real honest gentlemam and I try to be the same. If you are coming I'll hold it till some past your expected time but be reasonable please and contact me. Sold a tractor once and guy was mailing a check. Another buyer called 30 minutes later and offered to send a substanchly larger check if I would sell to the first check that arrived. He was willing to take the chance that his mail was faster I guess. Said no but would let first buyer know in case he was interested in turning a profit. First guy wasn't interested in the profit and his check was good. If he'd turned the profit it would have been nice if'n he'd split it but it was his machine so would have been his gain. I was getting what I ask.

Now commodities such as hay or grain or livestock is a little different. I wouldn't hold without cash in hand.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)