AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any honest people out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 1/11/2009 15:22 (#566528 - in reply to #566265)
Subject: Re: Any honest people out there?

Windom, MN
I've sold exactly one thing in classifieds in my life, and it sucked. Was on craigslist selling an ipod i never used. a guy sent me an e-mail saying he would take it. Then he said a friend of his was going to send me a certified check for $1,000 over the asking price. I needed to cash the check, and send him the ipod with the extra $1,000, because this "friend" owed him money. Well, it's pretty obvious this was a scam, we get complaints about this all of the time at the sheriff's office in town, so I told him forget it. The address he gave me was a PO box as well, so it showed all of the classic signs of a check cashing scam.

I won't advertize equipment anymore. I live on a busy highway, so I park it in my front yard and people will stop by and look that way. It might sit longer because I don't advertize, but at least I get to see the person and see the cash he's giving me. Sold some old cars in the front yard, and I'll only take cash, plus we go into town and transfer the title right away so I'm never stuck with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)