AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any honest people out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Digger
Posted 1/11/2009 14:07 (#566448 - in reply to #566414)
Subject: RE: Any honest people out there?

North Dakota
I have to admit I am a shopper when it comes to machinery. I have learned that the term "good shape" has different meanings to different people. Wife and I drove 450 miles to look at a Chevy Tandem years back. When I arrived the truck was sitting out and a piece of crap. I didnt even have to get out of the car. Met with the farmer and in his eyes there was nothing wrong with it. He and his wife had us over for dinner and were very nice people. I got to learn a little about the Hooterite colonies in Canada and had a nice afternoon. The farmer with the truck was not a Hooterite but his neighbors are.

About a month ago I bought a heater off a local website that sells used merchandise. We agreed on a price and I was still combining so I said I will send a check. We are a 100 miles apart so he said if he is coming my way he will bring it up and if not I will get it when done harvesting. His phone is now disconnected and I think I got took. Like an idiot I do not have the address I sent the check to. Yes I know I was also an idiot to send the check but have never had a problem before. So chock another up for the dishonest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)