AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any honest people out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chris dds
Posted 1/11/2009 12:34 (#566340 - in reply to #566265)
Subject: RE: Any honest people out there?

What if you got there and it turned out that the snowblower wasn't what you expected and you realized it wasn't going to work for your needs -- are you then dishonest if you tell the seller that you don't want it? Are you obligated by "honesty" to buy it and drag it all the way back to your place even though it's not what you wanted?

You're right, if he promised it to you, he SHOULD have not sold it to the other guy. Did the guy who was going to sell the tractor to your friend promise to hold it for him?

I would say the general rule of buying and selling equipment via classifieds is "first one with the check takes it home." You're always taking a chance.

I've sold a bunch of stuff through the classifieds. Being the seller is frustrating, too. Guys say that they are coming, so I wait around for them (usually some time like sunday afternoon or Sat. night) and they never show up. Some people say that they are coming at a specific time, but just saunter in the yard at their leisure (like two weeks later) and start looking around expecting you to stop everything and visit with them for a couple hours.

You win some, you loose some.

Edited by chris dds 1/11/2009 14:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)