AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Duramax fuel filter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nekfarmer
Posted 11/25/2016 18:43 (#5656974 - in reply to #5656483)
Subject: RE: Duramax fuel filter

NE KS
gene_champ - 11/25/2016 12:39

nekfarmer - 11/23/2016 18:11

gene_champ - 11/23/2016 10:14

nekfarmer - 11/20/2016 19:36

Nicktane (many others to copy) is what would get my vote. $100 or less for the set up and you can get cheaper and better filters. For the guys running a cat filter you have to remember you've lost your water separator. On my truck I added a second filter housing on the frame rail (before my aftermarket lift pump) that I put a true water separator on. Donaldson makes a fuel/water separator with a 2 mic rating. Water will wreck a fuel system as fast or faster than dirt.

Did you cut the hard line after the cooler for the filter head, or run a new line? I am trying to figure out how to plump everything in.

Fuel cooler is in the return line.

Ok, trying to lay on a creaper and looking underneath. hard to follow the lines. I think i will need a lift to work on any lines. So how you run the line to the water separator you installed?

On my CCSB I cut a section out of the hard line and slid rubber hose over it with hose clamps, then ran rubber hose to lift pump, and then rubber hose out of the lift pump to connect back to the hard line. On my regular cab space is tight so I ordered a quick fitting with a hose barb and ran rubber hose directly off of the pick up on the fuel tank to outside of he frame rail to lift pump then connected back to hard line inside the frame rail up near the transmission.
A FASS or air dog set up eliminates all the factory fuel lines up to the motor but they are also pricy. All of the feed lines on a duramax are 1/2" I believe.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)