AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neighbor lady
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

birdfarmer2199
Posted 11/21/2016 17:36 (#5648714)
Subject: Neighbor lady

Cental Indiana
Neighbor lady found out we have a barn full of bottle calves. She wanted to come see them the other night and has fell in love with them. Now she wants to help feed them. She's as nice of lady as you can meet. She's lived next door for a few years now. Divorced and no kids at home. She'd do anything for you and is a very devout Christian women. I think she just wants something to do and to get out of the house. She's been helping almost every night now. It really slows me down and after working in town all day and then getting a little work in before dark and then head to the barn to feed around dark this is my time to unwind and I want to think about what I'm doing. Especially make sure I'm doing it right and not wasting my time and money trying to keep these calves alive. Been after 8 a couple night now getting done and getting cleaned up.

I have no problem with her helping but I just don't want or need help. I know that sounds very selfish and arrogant. I enjoy her visiting and learning the farm life but I want to do this myself or with my family. Bottle calves are partly my sons future 4H project we hope. He's not been able to help this past week because he's been fighting the flu bug. Wife is awesome help and other than the kids being kids I enjoy doing this as a family.

How can I politely say thanks but no thanks. Really don't want to hurt her feelings. She's been a good neighbor. Might even need her to help out in a pinch someday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)