AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"hardest people to love"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/19/2016 18:04 (#5645176 - in reply to #5644601)
Subject: RE: "hardest people to love"

paul the original - 11/19/2016 08:09 Hummm. I can certainly be wrong, or pot and kettle..... But I'm not following? We have an odd circle here. According to consumers over the years: Farmers are supposed to produce cheap plentiful food. Processors are supposed to produce cheap easy yummy food. Turns out the cheap is getting too cheap as in cardboard food; and the yummy part is turning into mush that isn't healthy for us. So now consumers want cheap plentiful easy healthy food. But they don't quite understand the concept of 'healthy', and have been misled perhaps that gmo or non-organic is the unhealthy part. When in reality, the over processed, no fiber, high sugar quick and yummy part is the unhealthy part? As a farmer in the upper Midwest, my buyers are ethanol, hog, beef, dairy, poultry, and export buyers. They want whole grains that meet govt standards for grains in good condition. O think I am in touch with my buyers? People walking down the grocery store isles should be demanding better foods. But they might lose some of the easy and cheap? Have to trade off something when you make changes? A gluten free organic free range meatsa pizza and a cane sugar Coke might make a person think happy thoughts, but it is ot more sustainable, healthier, or safer than a regular pizza and pop for the average person? Our food needs a different set of changes to actually be better, not just marketing to call it better wink wink? My corn and soybeans can be processed into good healthy foods just as the consumer wants. My raw grains offer the same fiber, fat, starch/sugar minerals and so on now as they did 60 years ago. It's in the processing from then to now, and the marketing budget? How come then farmers get a public black eye? paul

Because they allow it.

That successful campaign for example was NOT put out by dairy farmers, but milk product processors.

As the general principle of my Edmund Burke quote, the farmers do nothing to protect themselves from the black eye. They dont want to deal with it, just complain about it. The processors have the smarts to know they can divert the black eye to the farmer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)