AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm spreadsheet or program?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tigger
Posted 11/19/2016 08:33 (#5644337 - in reply to #5642645)
Subject: RE: Farm spreadsheet or program?

Iowa
My spreadsheet could be made to do that sort of like AGZ proposed. Mine, however is replicated horizontally on the same sheet, once for "all farms combined" and replication for each individual farm. Adding an additional farm requires another replication and adding it to the equations in the "All Farms Combined" section. Each farm replication can have up to five individual fields or crops. A section below them could easily be added to pull numbers from each farm and compare as you wish. This is all on one "sheet" or "tab", but it's easy to set the print area to any part of it you would want printed.

I've not really had the need to do as you described because there are not that many farms to rank. If there were thirty or forty farms it would be different. Also, the profitability of any farm on a given year tends to be subject to where it is on the crop rotation and how well that crop was marketed. It would take several years of data to minimize those variables when comparing the profitability between farms. I would have all of my fields growing corn after soybeans during most years if I could, but you've got to grow some beans to make that happen. If you grow the same crop on all the farms, comparing profitability between them would have more meaning for a given year.

Edited by tigger 11/19/2016 08:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)