AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When meeting a lady for the first time..do you shake hands?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 11/18/2016 17:10 (#5643348 - in reply to #5643201)
Subject: RE: When meeting a lady for the first time..do you shake hands?

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

Don't know how they do it in Canada but where I was raised it is considered polite and respectful to never sit when a lady is standing. You stand up, hold her chair until she has risen, then say, "I'll be here when you get back." After she walks away you then sit until she returns. When she returns you get up, hold her chair until she is seated, then you can sit back down. I don't know how some of these "men" in places like NYC live with themselves on subways, buses, etc. I see on TV all the time men sitting while many of the ladies, especially the older ones are hanging onto bars or straps. Very inconsiderate in my opinion, but I guess I'm a bit old fashioned. When we lived "up north" I also often saw men going into stores, restaurants, etc ahead of their wives/girlfriends/companions. In my world you hold the door open for your wife, you allow her to order first and get whatever she wants (provided she is not a total b**ch and takes undue advantage of you. In that case you picked the wrong one.). You pick up the tab.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)